Breville’s masticating slow juicer, the Breville BJS600XL, is a great kitchen appliance for creating smooth, slightly pulpy and nutrient-rich juiced beverages from your favorite fruits and vegetables. Unlike high velocity centrifugal juicers, the masticating juicer works using a squeezing auger to extract a greater amount of juice from the original food material while preserving nutrients in the process.
The way that this juicer outperforms centrifugal juicers is by the fact that crushing preserves a greater amount of fiber than shredding. This results in a healthier, more delicious and smoother “puree-style” juice. Slow juicers like this one are especially ideal for leafy vegetables, such as kale or wheatgrass.
If you are thinking about making the move to a masticating juicer like the Breville BJS600XL, you are encouraged to look through this comprehensive review and feature list to decide whether this juicer or a high velocity centrifugal juicer is the right choice for you.
- Masticating juicer extracts maximum juice yield from soft fruits and vegetables
- Ultra quiet 240-watt motor
- Direction control ensures fruit or vegetables can be dislodged from juicing screw
- Filter basket with auto purifying for maximum yield and easy cleaning between juicing
- Measures 8-1/2 by 7-1/2 by 16-inch, 1-year limited warranty
Features Of The Breville Masticating Slow Juicer
- 240-Watt 80 RPM Motor – If you are used to seeing juicers with extremely high RPM ratings in the multiple-thousands, do not be alarmed. For a masticating juicer like this one, there is no need for more than 80 RPM – a speed largely considered by most manufacturers and experts to be ideal for perfectly juiced fruits and vegetables.
- Two Step Safety Start – All of the moving parts in the BJS600XL need to be locked before the device will turn on and begin the juicing process. This helps ensure that you do not accidentally make a mess, or worse, run the risk of injury.
- Easy To Clean – Unlike many other juicers, this masticating juicer is incredibly easy to clean. Simply pour 1-2 cups of water in through the feed chute and turn the device on. The water will course through all of the nooks and crannies of the interior and wash out all the pulp and food particles remaining. The Breville BJS600XL also comes with a specialized cleaning brush that fits exactly into the spots where you need it most.
- Reverse Control – If you accidentally experience a clog or you have something in your juicer that is not agreeing with the mastication mechanics, do not worry. The simple reverse function will let you turn on the machine in reverse and push out the offending member until the obstruction is clear again.
- Ultra Quiet Motor – Unlike centrifugal motors that are, by necessity, very loud and noisy as they push their spinning blades over thousands of revolutions per minute, the Breville BJS600XL is a very quiet device. This allows you, for instance, to make a fresh cup of orange juice in the early hours of the morning without waking up anyone else in your home.
- Direction Control – The auger that actually does the juicing on the interior of this device is designed to work as well in a counterclockwise direction as it does in the clockwise direction. Combining both directions is the best way to ensure that the maximum amount of juice is extracted from the fruits or vegetables inserted.
- Auto Purity Filter – This device comes with a purity filter that does more than simply separate the pulp from the juice for you to discard. It will separate dirt and other contaminants that may have found their way onto the shell of the fruit or vegetable as well.
Organic fruits and vegetables tend to be more susceptible to carrying additional natural contaminants such as these, and an extra layer of filtering makes removing them a simple task.
Benefits And Drawbacks To Using The Breville
One of the greatest benefits to using this masticating juicer is the fact that it produces a thick, nutrient-rich juice from anything you throw into it. The single auger design is perfect for making short work of hard fruits and vegetables. The ability to mix and match juices on the fly is an excellent advantage.
Breville BJS600XL review tests show that the company’s design for making the device easy to clean is a massive success. Being able to sweep away all of the food particles that collect on the interior of the device using nothing but a few cups of water is an enormous time saver and one that many people will love.
Another really useful addition to the Breville BJS600XL is the reverse direction gear that unclogs it when the machine is overloaded with an obstacle. Even though the motor is powerful and will make short work of even the toughest, starchiest vegetables, obstructions can and do happen, so it is very helpful that Breville include an easy way to resolve them.
There really are no disadvantages to speak of when it comes to quality Breville products like this one, but it would be much more appealing to see the device built in Breville’s classic stainless steel patina than in painted plastic. This does not affect the device function in anyway, but, if you know Breville, you know that they usually maintain a certain aesthetic.
Customer Opinions About The Breville Masticating Juicer
Most of the customers who have purchased the Breville BJS600XL are blown away by its combination of excellent features and sturdy, reliable engineering. This is the way that delicious, healthy blended fruit and vegetable drinks are made in kitchens at home and in commercial installations around the world.
One common topic for customer reviews is the fact that this masticating slow juicer is not actually slow at all. The word in the title only refers to the revolutions of the internal motor – the actual process of turning fresh fruits and vegetables into thick, delicious juice takes less than a minute on average.
If you are looking for a quiet, effective and delicious solution for your homemade fruit and vegetable beverages, this masticating slow juicer might be the right option for you. The Breville BJS600XL is an excellent product that earns its place in kitchens around the world, and it is highly recommended for that reason.