You need a tomato juicer if you like fresh tomato sauce or juice. A juicer specially designed for tomatoes will ensure you get the most nutrients.
There’s nothing like a fresh glass of tomato juice to kick-start your day. Tomatoes are bursting with nutrients and vitamins. Did you know tomatoes contain large amounts of one of the world’s most powerful antioxidants, carotene lycopene?
Studies have shown this antioxidant can help prevent and reduce the risk of a variety of different cancers like prostate cancer, breast cancer, and neck and head cancer. There is also evidence that lycopene can protect against degenerative diseases of the brain. So any product derived from tomatoes be it sauce, juice, or soup, are all really good for you.
Using a tomato juicer is one way to get the necessary nutrients into your body. Preparing juices at home is healthier than buying canned vegetables. There are no preservatives and other chemicals in fresh tomatoes, and the taste is so much better. Plus you can make tomato sauce which is just delicious on fresh pasta.
There are a couple of brands that really stand out which I talk about in more detail below. Read on to learn more about the tomato juicers, their pros and cons and how to pick the right one for your home.
The best juicer for tomatoes
There are several tomato juicers on the market that can get the job done quickly and easily. You can also juice tomatoes with many standard centrifugal and masticating juicers. These machines will also juice other types of fruits and vegetables in addition to just tomatoes. However, if you are serious about making tomato juice and sauce, I would recommend getting a machine that is designed specifically for that purpose.
The following models really stand out based on customer reviews and their level of quality and features. Plus, I feel that the prices on these machines are fair and that they are a good investment.
Mueller Austria 1100W Centrifugal Juicer
- Why The Mueller Ultra Juicer – Under it's sleek modern stainless-steel design and...
- Dual-speed Versatility - "1" low speed runs from 12000 to 15000 RPM for softer fruits...
- Clean-ups Are A Snap - Culinary grade stainless-steel cutting disc is surrounded by...
- Extra Large 3” Feed Chute - A safety locking arm makes sure the cover stays on...
- European Engineered – Designed with an anti-drip function extra large 3” feed...
Well, this is not only a tomato juicing machine, but this will also allow you to make juice out of any vegetable or fruit. With the modern sleek and stainless steel design, this Mueller Austria ultra-centrifugal juicer has fixed its spot to many countertops. Looks pretty classy and the power it offers that is incredible as well. Coming at a lower price point, that is what probably made this juicer best-selling product in the market.
It is a powerful centrifugal juicer, comes with 1100-watt power, which allows you to have a 16 oz full cup juice only within 8 sec. And there will get very little foam and no clogging as well. These kinds of features are often found in high-end expensive juicer models, don’t know how the manufacturer managed to give all these within a low price, but they did an incredible job by making the juicer affordable.
With this very machine, you will get adjustability as well. There are two speed levels, low and high. At low speed, the machine can run at 12000 to 1500 RPM. And at high speed, it will run from 15000 to 18000 RPM. The high speed is enough for harder vegetables and fruits such as kale, celery, carrots, etc. Features a large 3-inch feed chute, and there is a safety locking arm which ensures that everything is tight and stays in place when operating.
Hamilton Beach Centrifugal Juicer Machine
- Healthy, homemade juice in seconds- juice a variety of fruits and vegetables. Juicer...
- Extra-large 3 inch feed chute fits whole fruits and vegetables - Fit a whole apple, a...
- Easy to clean - Removable parts are dishwasher safe and BPA free
- Powerful electric motor for maximum juice: 800w of power can turn a dense beet into...
- 3 year limited from the bestselling juice extractor brand - Includes access to...
The brand Hamilton is one of the top-rated kitchen product brands which are leading the market for quite a long time now. It holds a great reputation and trust since they always try their best to deliver the market with worthy products. And they are pretty successful in that. The Hamilton beach centrifugal juicer is another great creation of these brands, which comes at an affordable price range.
This juicer works pretty faster; if you are looking for a juicer that will make you a glass of perfect juice within seconds, then this very model would be the right choice. Very easy to assemble and easy to use as well. Features a 3-inches large feed chute through which you can push all kinds of fruits (sliced) easily. Cleaning is pretty easy, too, since all the removable parts are dishwasher safe and BPA free.
It comes with an 800-watt motor, which is enough to turn medium-hard fruits to smooth juicer within a very short time. And compared to another juicer of such price range, this one delivers good juice yield and delivers less foaming as well.
Breville Heavy-Grade Polymer Juice Fountain
- Heavy-grade polymer construction with stainless steel cutting disk
- Includes a pulp container, juice jug with froth separator, cleaning tool, and pulp...
- 2 speeds
- 3 inch feed tube
- 850 watts
Now the Breville Heavy-Grade Polymer Juice Fountain is an expensive one but that delivers worthy for each penny. Got a top-notch construction and a powerful motor. We are not saying it, the users are. A lot of juice lovers are already using it for a while and they are pretty satisfied with the performance. It comes with an 850-watt dual-speed motor which can give you cups of juice within a very short time.
With the powerful motor, it also features stainless steel cutting disc and mesh filter basket that will help to extract the at a faster speed. As mentioned, it is a 2-speed control, low and high. At slower speed, the motor runs at 6500 rpm and higher speed, it gets a maximum of 12000 rpm. 12000 rpm should be enough to extract juice from hard fruits and vegetables.
One of the best parts of this very machine is less heat generation. Extra heat can ruin the taste of real juice that being said, moderate heat is necessary as well since it will keep enzymes and antioxidants completely intact. Come with a large feed chute. 3-inch, it will allow you to put fruits like apple, orange into the juicer without slicing. It has a safety feature as well, comes with an overload safety which is shown by an LED light.
OXO Good Grips Food Mill (Specially For Sauces)
- Stainless steel bowl is ideal for hot foods and prevents staining
- Includes 3 stainless steel grinding discs for preparing foods of fine, medium and...
- Simple, spring-loaded lever for easy disc exchange and disassembly
- 3 non-slip legs secure placement over bowls and pots up to 11" in diameter, keeping...
- Legs fold for easy storage
- Approximately 2.3-quart capacity
Are you in search of a good food mill that will turn the chunky foods to fine sauces? Well then, have a look at the OXO Good Grips Food Mill. One of the finest food mills on the market right now. Versatility, great performance, and long lifespan, this very model comes with all of them. It doesn’t matter what vegetable you put it, it will mill any vegetable and will turn them into smooth purees and sauces.
It features three grinding disks which allow you to prepare foods in three textures, that is great. Three textures are fine, medium and course. Fine is for smooth sauce and jelly. Medium soups and for mashed potatoes course is perfect. Wait, did we tell you anything about the construction? The exterior is heavily constructed with stainless steel which means no stain on the body. Stainless steel makes cleaning too simple. Besides that, it is dishwasher safe.
Cold or hot, this very food mill is suited for both. Using the mill is a breeze and since it comes in small size so the placement should not be an issue. In order to make the disk change very easy, it features a release button. Let’s talk about the stability, comes with three legs which are completely slip-resistant and coated with rubber. And lastly, that handle knob is very comfortable to hold.
Deluxe Food Strainer And Sauce Maker
Presenting the last food mill of this article and that is the Deluxe Food Strainer and Sauce Maker. It moves toe to toe with the OXO food mill. Both come with top-notch features and perform pretty amazingly. This Deluxe sauce makes it comes with a sturdy cast aluminum body that makes it highly durable. And stainless steel screens which are very simple to install.
This is also a manual food mill, but that being said, it doesn’t come with different disks; hence you have made different textures with this very unit. Moreover, if you want it to work automatically, then you can install an electric motor as well. The clamping is pretty secure, comes with 10 SQ inches clamp surface, which keeps the entire unit very stable.
With the purchase, you are going to get a user manual, and from assembling to using process, everything is written there understandably. And lastly, the price is also on the affordable side. Overall, only for making sauces the Deluxe Food Strainer would be an outstanding choice.
Benefits Of A Tomato Juicer
- Ease of Preparation – Some people need to drink tomato juice as it is easier to digest than consuming the actual tomato. Using a tomato juicer is a simple and convenient way of making tomato juice. The primary function and purpose of a juicer are to separate the seeds and the pulp from the juice. When using a juicer, you do not need to worry about creating a mess. Simply feed the tomato into the device, and all that comes out is the fruit’s juice. The pulp and seeds are typically ejected into another container, separate from the juice.
- Designed Specifically for Tomatoes – You can use a standard centrifugal juicer on tomatoes; however, it’s best to get a juicer designed specifically for tomatoes. With a tomato juicer, you know that you are getting optimal efficiency and the most juice possible from your tomatoes.
- Fresher than Canned Tomatoes – There is no way of telling with certainty what goes inside a can of tomato juice. You can look at the label and see the list of preservatives, but who knows what other chemicals get in there that producers are not required by law to list on the ingredients. You also, in many cases, have no idea how long the can have been on the shelf before you bought it. When preparing your own tomato juice, you know that the ingredients are fresh and good for your health.
- Better Taste – Freshly squeezed tomato juice or sauce just tastes better than anything out of a can or bottle.
- Size – Although some models are not as big as a food processor, tomato juicers can still take up space in your kitchen. You will need to consider where you will store the device in your home.
- Cleaning – Although tomato juicers can make it more convenient to separate the juice from the pulp and seeds, cleaning up the device is another matter. Cleaning devices that contain several small parts can be trickier. You will also need to find a juicer that is dishwasher-safe. Keep in mind that any food remnants on the tomato juicer can attract microbes and germs. This can contaminate any other juices that you make in the future, so you need to be sure the machine stays clean.
What Should You Look For As You Shop?
They are several features that you need to be aware of as you start shopping for the best tomato juicer.
Manual Vs. Electric
There are two types of juicers: manual presses and electric juicers. Manual presses are often clamped or fastened to a level surface such as a table or a counter. Depending on the model, the sliced or whole tomato is fed onto the cup-like container located at the top of the device. A crank is turned, which squeezes the juice out of the fruit. Electronic juicers eliminate the need to exert any effort in making the fruit juice as the motor produces the energy needed to squeeze the juices out.
Although electronic juicers are more convenient and faster than manual juicers, they are also more expensive. The quality of the juice and the efficiency of extraction don’t really differ that much between the two types of devices.
The number of tomatoes that a tomato juicer can work with can also affect the price. If you are making a few glasses of tomato juice on a daily basis, a manual juicer will suffice. For individuals that are making large amounts of juice on a daily basis, such as in the case of a restaurant, a more durable electric juicer is needed. Keep in mind that juices can only stay fresh for a period of 24 hours. As such, you should only make enough juice to last for a day at the most.
Choose a tomato juicer that is easy to use and clean. There are many models that boast of a long list of features. However, if you are unable to use these features, such specifications are of no use to you. Some people like a simple machine that just has an on/off switch and one or two speeds at most. Also, consider where you will be using the device. For instance, if you live in an apartment with a limited amount of space, find a smaller juicer that does not produce a lot of noise.
Do your research and read up on reviews of tomato juicers. This will help you determine which tomato juicer delivers beyond the advertised hype. By checking out reviews from other owners, you can see which machines are built to last and which ones are of low quality and should be avoided. You will also get to know other pieces of information, such as the specifications and the sales price.